We invite papers for the 8th International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) hosted by Cranfield University, UK. Previous OSCM conferences were held in Bali, Indonesia (2005), Thailand (2007), Malaysia (2009), Maldives (2011), New Delhi, India (2013), Bali, Indonesia (2014), and Phuket, Thailand (2016). The theme of the 2018 conference is “The buzz of recent supply chain movement and its potential for the industry and academia”.
Topics of Interest
We invite submissions that fall within the broad area of operations and supply chain management, including but are not limited to the following:
- Demand management
- Product design and comercialization
- Production planning and scheduling
- Quality engineering and management
- Service parts logistics and maintenance
- Product service systems
- Operations / supply chain strategy
- Sustainable production and logistics
- Purchasing / supply management
- Inventory planning and control
- Warehousing & material handling
- Transportation management
- Distribution management
- Closed-loop supply chain
- Maritime logistics
- Airline logistics
- Retail& City logistics
- Management of logistics services
- Supply Chain relocation
- Digital Supply Chain
- Industry 4.0 and its impacts to Supply Chain
- Information systems and technology
- Global supply chain
- Human factors in logistics and supply chain
- Supply chain social responsibility
- Organization issues in logistics and supply chain
- Humanitarian / disaster relief supply chain
- Healthcare supply chain
- Supply chain risk and uncertainty
- Agricultural supply chain
- Food supply chain
- Supply chain for project context
- Operations & SCM for Asian context
- Cost analysis in operations and logistics
- Pedagogical issues in SCM
- Research methodology in SCM
- Entrepreneurial Supply Chain
Special Session on Supply Chain Relocation – Led by Prof Per Hilletofth, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Jönköping University, Sweden. It has been argued that the manufacturing location decision often is based on vague grounds, and that managers feel that it is difficult to find support on how to evaluate these decisions. It has also been concluded that these decisions need to be evaluated from a supply chain perspective and include the past decisions in order to explore how the decision has evolved over time. Thus, there is a need to start evaluating manufacturing location decisions from a holistic supply chain perspective in order to make decisions that are resilient over time. The aim of this special session is to capture new trends and issues in the field of supply chain relocation.
Call for Special Sessions
We would also plan to organise special sessions/tracks that expose emerging topics in operations and supply chain management, for instance:
- Food and Agricultural Supply Chain
- Digital Supply Chain
- Sustainable Supply Chain and Circular Economy
Workshop for Doctoral Students and Early Career Academics/Researchers
This workshop is dedicated for doctoral and young academics. The workshop will include such topics as:
- How to publish in reputable journals?
- How to become productive and impact-making academics?
- How to manage a doctoral research programme?
and will be led by renowed scholars in the area of operations and supply chain management.
In this conference, we are also organising presentations from practitioners that address innovation, improvements, or even problems encountered in the area of operations and supply chain management. The objectives are to provide practitioners with a forum to network and share their knowledge and best practices in managing complex supply chain under uncertainty, linking production and distribution decisions, best practices in managing transportation/distribution, etc.
Selected papers will be published in our official journal, Operations and Supply Chain Management (http://journal.oscm-forum.org), and an edited book to be indexed by Scopus. The OSCM journal is indexed/listed in Cabell’s Journal Directory; Index Copernixus; Journal list of Finnish Universities; Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal list; The Norwegian Publication Database “Publiseringskanaler”; and Google Scholar. Other journals will be added later.
The 8th International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) is hosted by the collaboration of
Cranfield School of Management – UK and Department of Industrial Engineering, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) – Indonesia
For more complete information, visit OSCM 2018 Website