We invite papers for the 6th International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM). The earlier OSCM conferences were held in Bali, Indonesia (2005), Thailand (2007), Malaysia (2009), Maldives (2011), and New Delhi, India (2013). We also invite presentation from practitioners for the 3rd Operations and Supply Chain Management Practice Conference. The theme is “Making the world more comfortable, sustainable, and socially responsible: the role of operations and supply chain management”.
Topics of Interest
We invite submissions that fall within the broad area of operations and supply chain management, including but are not limited to the following:
- Demand management
- Product design and comercialization
- Production planning and scheduling
- Quality engineering and management
- Service parts logistics and maintenance
- Product service systems
- Operations / supply chain strategy
- Sustainable production and logistics
- Purchasing / supply management
- Inventory planning and control
- Warehousing & material handling
- Transportation management
- Distribution management
- Closed-loop supply chain
- Maritime logistics
- Airline logistics
- Retail & City logistics
- Process & performance management
- Management of logistics services
- Information systems and technology
- Global supply chain
- Human factors in logistics and supply chain
- Supply chain social responsibility
- Organization issues in logistics and supply chain
- Humanitarian / disaster relief supply chain
- Healthcare supply chain
- Supply chain risk and uncertainty
- Agricultural supply chain
- Food supply chain
- Supply chain for project context
- Operations & SCM for Asian context
- Cost analysis in operations and logistics
- Pedagogical issues in SCM
- Research methodology in SCM
Call for Presentation from Practitioners
We invite practitioners to give presentation on various innovation or improvements projects related to operations and supply chain management. Various issues would be of our interests, including for example: lean improvement projects, developing supply chain organization, cost reduction initiatives, developing relationships with suppliers, collaborative models, successful or failure stories in product launching, etc. For this kind of presentation we do not require presenters to submit a full paper. We just need the title, abstract / synopsis, and non-confidential power point presentation.
Forum for Ph.D Program Directors
We will have a forum for Program Director / Program Coordinator for doctorate programs in the related area: logistics, supply chain, industrial engineering, operations management, management science etc. We particularly encourage Ph.D Program Directors in Southeast Asia to join the forum / meeting. Schedule of the meeting will be decided later.
Workshop for Doctoral and Emerging Scholars
This workshop is dedicated for doctoral and young academics. The workshop will include such topics as:
(i). How to become a productive and impact-making academics?
(ii). How to manage doctoral research?
(iii). How to publish in reputable journals?
The workshop will be led by renowned scholars in the area of operations and supply chain management. Doctoral students and young academics are encouraged to attend this workshop.
Dr. Mahender Singh
(Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Dr. René B.M. de Koster
(Rotterdam School of Management)
Dr. Suresh P. Sethi
(University of Texas at Dallas)